Friday, October 29, 2010

the innocence of a child

last night, i was in the bathroom, hanging up my towel. the bathroom door was slightly ajar. ruiz and thaqif were in the room, climbing up the bed from one end and jumping off, running back and forth...(that reminds me, my matress no matter how thick would just give up someday). anyhow as i was hanging my towel, i overheard ruiz telling his brother "thaqif, slow down la. u know i'm fat."  i could not help but laughed to myself. it was so funny but it was also so cute and adorable, and i found myself saying quietly albeit a smile, "my poor baby". the innocence that emanated from him, an 8 year old who couldn't care less about saying he is fat even when what he is actually is just chubby, roly poly with a lil' boy's chubbiness that will fade off him in time as he grows up. he thinks he is fat but it does not come in the way of his own confidence and that is something every adult can learn from. i am sure his chubbiness will someday go off, and eventhough i would want that for him; because of health reasons and the fact that other people can be so cruel to those who are not super slim in this world, i will miss that chubbiness and all the "gomol" i can do to him now. then again, by that time, he will be older and chubby or not, he so definitely won't want me to kiss and hug him all over anymore. so there...

No comments:

Post a Comment