Saturday, March 19, 2011

life... as of now

after two weeks of purchasing the mass media research book by wimmer and dominick, as recommended by the dean of the communication and media studies faculty of UiTM (where i am about to register with hopefully very soon in order to do my masters), i realised that i have pretty much overestimated myself in completing it in two weeks.  i am on the verge of starting on my research proposal and i refused to do it without completing the book.  there are 16 chapters altogether and i am already on chapter 11.  the head of research programme has called me to tell me that i am eligible to pursue my masters there and we have fixed a date for an interview which is a required formality.  hopefully come april, i will be registered as a full time masters student with UiTM and have by then gotten halfway through my research proposal and somewhere close to submitting it to the faculty to have it approved.  two weeks ago, i had high hopes i would finish the book in two weeks given my days still spent at the office on half days, and with the kids having their first term school exams. but right after the exams, i failed to foresee that the trip i was making this school holiday was bound to take me away from doing any reading, or at least i must have been in a denial, to convince myself i could actually read while at nazrie's place. the boys and i together with my niece feeza and nephew fahim made the trip to setiawan, perak.  and with that, i pretty much lost three days where i did not do any reading. brought my book there but i did not even get past 2 pages as much as i tried when we were out on the beach, and i told myself "what the heck, just enjoy my holiday", and of course the 2 days spent traveling saw me not even trying... 
so here i am, planning to at least complete my chapter 11 tonight and move on as quickly as possible to finish the book by wednesday, the day i am attending the interview for the masters programme. i really hope i am done by then...
at the same time, there is a book waiting for me in the wings, the latest book by marian keyes - "the brightest star in the sky".  i have been looking for this book since late last year but to no avail. and i did not have the time to look for it when i went to barnes and nobles close to union square, NYC because adam had been in a hurry.  anyway over a week ago, i had a pleasant surprise when vanessa got me the book. i was ecstatic and elated with joy. been wanting so much to get my hands on it and finally thanks so much to vanessa, i finally have it sitting on my book shelf.  most unfortunately though, i have not started on it as i simply do not have any time.  whatever time i have now is to read this research book and as long as i am not done with it, i cannot read the book i have so been wanting to, darn...
anyhow,
i am in a hurry to complete the book on mass media research book
i am eager to start on my research proposal
i am even more eager to read my marian keyes latest book
i look forward to my interview this wednesday
i pretty much had a good time traveling with the boys and feeza, and had a wonderful time at nazrie's place with his wife zu and their lovely kids. zu and i even had some time to treat ourselves to some foot reflexology, hehe...
i am so not looking forward to running around like a chicken come monday when school reopens and there are tuition, kumon, homeworks and revision to deal with

on a different note
if i haven't mentioned it, adam is now the head chief of students for his surgical group. it means extra work and longer hours for him which makes me sigh when i think of it as i know how tough it is for him. but on the other hand, i am extremely proud of him.  even thinking of it makes me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment