Tuesday, March 20, 2012

from Rumi III

much to tell but too little time and have to make this a quick post. thaqif was home for a week and has gone back. everything good have to come to an end, eventually and unfortunately. it was hard to part ways for both thaqif and i, and he cried when i was leaving him and again that breaks my heart. on another more uplifting note, i have submitted my three chapters of research work which is also my defence proposal to the faculty last week, yes there was a mistake about the defence dates, and Alhamdulillah, Allah has eased my way, and insyaAllah in two to three weeks time, i will be defending my proposal. at the same time, i have gotten the green light to continue with my data collection part of the research and i am now terribly busy getting and going for the interviews and transcribing. the transcribing is the worse part and taking so much of my time, it is kinda driving me half insane there. a close friend who happens to be a lecturer and thus has gone through the same trying times told me i should listen to that old song "I will Survive". maybe i would take up his suggestion soon, ha ha. anyhow i have to run, because i have lots to do, and time waits for no man, in my case woman. just wanted to share these beautiful verses from Rumi with you as it touches my heart when i stumbled upon it, and it is something i wish to share with others. oh and the picture is courtesy of another blog which i should give credit to, but i can't seems to track it back. i will insyaAllah and when i do, shall post up the credit for the lovely picture which is a calligraphy i believe, and sketched beautifully into the figure of a whirling dervish. anyhow, i really have to run now, enjoy the lovely verses and have a wonderful day filled with sunshine everyone, and may Allah bless you always.




In Your light I learned how to love
In Your beauty, how to make poems
You danced inside my chest where no one sees You
but sometimes I do
and that sight become this art.

- Jalaluddin Rumi -


No comments:

Post a Comment