Tuesday, April 3, 2012

the passing of a sufi master


It's my wedding night!
With my lover, I will be
For that, make holiday.
Make dance.
Make festival.

-Rumi-




inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. syaikh raja ashman passed away on thursday night/ early friday morning at 1.30am at 54 years of age due to asthma attack. it was shortly after an evening of dhikr (offering prayers and meditations to God) with his followers, a normal occasion every thursday evening at the zawiya. it will always be my regret for not having had the chance to meet him for i have heard so much of his humble nature, his love and kindness to others and especially his devoutness to Allah and the beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), despite being a prince and of a royal family. may Allah bless his soul and place him among the righteous. to Allah we belong and unto Him do we return. Al-Fatihah.








1 comment:

  1. ”I have with all my condolences to the family of Raja Ashman I would like to say that Mawlana has said to me when we were doing Dhikr that he left dunya on the level of martyr because today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday he is going to be buired on Friday and all awliyaullah have come and each one has dressed him with tajalli of Layalat al-Jumu`ah and every wali knows what is his level and dress and they dressed him with that and he left dunya with level of Qutb, qutbaniyya and he is in presence of awliyaullah and in presnce of the Prophet Peace Be Upon Him and the Prophet Peace Be Upon Him in Presence of Allah Ta’ala. ”

    From Shaykh Hisham Kabbani

    ReplyDelete